Friday, September 30, 2022

2 Translations for the HKWF International blog

These past 2.5 weeks were spent translating two pieces for the hkwm.blog that you can find below. The first is a write-up on the Spanish edition of the Historical-Critical Dictionary of Marxism-Feminism (HKWF) by Ana Miranda Mora. It is adequate to say that this is a clear example of why I continue to pursue work in translation. The apparent discrepancies between language and culture push me to scrutinize my language and perceptions of our world. Particularly these two pieces led me to overhaul my often coagulated viewpoints leaving me to consider my social and cultural privileges in the structurally unjust global systems we live in today.


Read Feminist irruptions in Marxism. About the publication of the Historical-Critical Dictionary of Marxism-Feminism in Spanish by Ana Miranda Mora (Trans. paul holzman)



Read my translation of Diana Fuentes's piece on the Spanish philosopher, poet, translator, and activist Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez.